The Merwin Conservancy is hiring!
The Merwin Conservancy is a growing arts and ecology nonprofit on Maui. We further the legacy of poet, ecologist, and activist W.S. Merwin through the regeneration of language, thought, land and community. We do this by stewarding the palm forest and home he created with his wife Paula; connecting people to this place and its unfolding story; convening communities, voices and ideas; and curating programs and projects that affect change in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment. We honor full expression of self, and foster diversity with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, ability, gender, sexual orientation and other characteristics of individual identity.
We seek a part-time Administrative Coordinator who will assist and work closely with our Executive Director and other staff to ensure efficient and attentive coordination of day-to-day and ongoing administrative tasks. The position requires 15-19 hours per week, requiring a flexible but consistent M-F schedule, with unpaid time off to be arranged with the Executive Director. For the next 9-12 months, the Coordinator will spend the majority of their hours working at a temporary office site in Wailea, with occasional visits to and meetings at the Merwin Conservancy site in Haʻikū.
There is some flexibility to accommodate occasional work from home as well. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage day-to-day administrative operations: process gifts, generate correspondence, track expenses, field general phone and email inquiries
- Help to refine existing and develop new administrative processes with an eye toward efficiency and environmental responsibility
- Manage and maintain database of donors and contacts: update systematically and periodically, generate reports
- Interface frequently with board members for logistical and scheduling arrangements, and with a range of external constituents, contractors, vendors, local government
- Assist with accounts payable, tracking expenses and preparing bookkeeping documentation
- Schedule meetings for Executive Director with board members and others, make travel arrangements
- Maintain organizational calendar pertaining to administrative requirements and compliance, monitor deadlines
- Maintain hardcopy and digital records in accordance with recordkeeping policies
- Maintain and order supplies
- Coordinate logistics for special events
- Experience with office management and administration in a collaborative environment
- Committed to implementing diversity, equity and inclusion values in everyday work processes
- Organized with a high degree of attention to detail and ability to track multiple initiatives
- Self-directed, solution-oriented, takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with the written word, written communication
- Possess valid driver ID, and ability to run errands and commute between work sites (home, office, garden)
- Familiarity with and connection to Maui and its communities
- Facility with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Google platform (Gmail, Google Drive), video conference and scheduling platforms
Please send a resume and a letter of interest. In your letter, please describe relevant experience and include a statement about your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Send to email@example.com by Friday, April 2, 2021. No phone calls, please.